Saturday, January 22, 2011

Recipe : "Grrrreat Potato Salad"

This is one of those recipes that I probably shouldn't share, because it's letting out one of my stand-by secret recipes for pot lucks and parties... however.  I'm just nice like that.

I made this hot and I liked it while it was still pretty warm... lukewarm it wasn't as good, though.  It either needs to be very warm or else chilled. I have by times skipped the bacon, olives and and/or garlic as I didn't have any of them, and it was always good.  The bacon is a nice addition, but I'm still not convinced about the need for olives.   That's just me, though.


This recipe is from Now....you're cooking!   http://www.donogh.com/cooking/

Grrreat Potato Salad

8 large potatoes (white)
3 large eggs
Bacon (as much as you want)
1 bunch scallions
1 can black olives
1 large bottle of light ranch dressing
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt
Pepper

Directions:

Boil potatoes until tender. Drain. Let cool then cut into large chunks.

Hard boil eggs. Cool and chop.

Cook bacon and let cool.

While bacon is cooling, cut scallions into small pieces. Add to bowl of potatoes. Add olives and boiled eggs. Crumble bacon into bowl and add ranch dressing. Mix well and add 2 cloves garlic and salt and pepper to taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment