Saturday, January 22, 2011

Couponing : January 22, 2011



Deal-gathering highlights for this afternoon...   no, really, I am NOT a shop-a-holic, but there are a lot of really good deals out there right now and the savvy shopper will stock up where possible to avoid paying retail for the same thing in the future!!

Shopper's Drug Mart:

Kellogg's Eggo Waffles: $1.99 - $0.50 = $1.49 websaver.ca coupon

Kellogg's Special K Cereal:  $3.99 - $1.00 websaver.ca coupon = $2.99.  Not great, until you realize that there is a coupon printed on the box for a free box... bringing the cost per box down to be actually $1.49.  :-)

Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief Toothpaste: $5.49 - $3.00 Red Plum coupon = $2.49.  Not phenomenol, but not bad.  And I want to try it so it's good opportunity.  Manufacturers put out good coupons when their product is new.

Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste: Reg. $2.79 but it was on the clearance rack for $1.99.  Minus a $1.00 manufacturer coupon = $0.99.  For the big tube.  Good deal.

Lever 2000 4-pack bar soap:   $2.99 - $1.00 in-store coupon collected weeks or months ago and saved, = $1.99.

Vicks BabyRub: on sale for $4.99 - $2.00 save.ca coupon = $2.99.  Good stuff to have on hand this time of year.

Mars Bars 4-packs.  $4.29 each, minus $3.00 each in manager's coupons (aka clearance) = $1.29 each, or $0.32 per bar.  A sweet deal ;-)



Sobeys:

Wonder+ Bread:  $2.00 - $0.75 manufacturer coupon = $1.25 per loaf.  More than making it myself, but cheap enough to justify.

Oasis 1.75L Orange Juice:  $2.99 - $0.75 peelie coupon stuck on the carton = $2.24 each

French's Mustard: $2.00 - $2.00 wub2 coupon from a calendar I got in the mail = $1.00 each (retail was three something)

Lipton Onion Soup 2pk: on sale for $1.00 each.  Used "buy 3 get 1" coupons to buy six and get two free, for a cost of $0.75 per box or $0.37 per packet.

Secret PH-balanced Antiperspirant: $2.00 each, minus the brandsaver coupon to save $4.00 when you buy two equals, you guessed it, FREE!  This was a super-specific sale, only on that particular kind, and there were only four there of a scent I liked, so I didn't exactly "stock up", but four was enough to top up my stash a bit.  And my cashier was so nice I gave her one of my extra coupons so she could get some for herself.   Just cause I'm nice like that.  ;-)


Walmart:

Campbell's "blue band" tomato soup: on sale for $0.50.  I bought six and used two coupons to "save $1.00 wuen you buy 3" making them actually cost about $0.17 each.  I didn't go crazy here because I already have a stash of tomato soup but the stuff is dated for 2012 so I don't mind being stocked ahead a bit on it. 

Robin Hood 10kg Flour:  on sale for $9.97.  Even without coupons I would have bought two.  I plan on going back for more but need more cash first.  But as an added bonus, I do have some $1.00 coupons on hand so I paid $8.97 each.  Which is good.  But what is better is that Walmart even HAD any of them in the first place - it has been MONTHS since I've seen a stock of 10kg flour in our Walmart store.



That's it.  Hope you enjoyed shopping with me!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment