Sunday, January 30, 2011

Recipe : Chewy Chocolate Fudge

This is some intense chocolate.  Yumm-o.  But keep the pieces on the small side!

My friend Bobbiann shared this recipe a while back and I've been waiting for a chance to make it.  But I didn't want to have a whole pan of fudge floating around the house, because, well.... *ahem*  Anyway.   Well, Friday night I had a Pampered Chef party happening here, and what are those about if not FOOD?  So I whipped up a batch the night before, and le voila, le Chocolat!!

There are certain dangers associated with a recipe like this.  Like, for example, chocolate-coated spoons.  Or things like this:


 Approach with caution!   LOL

Anyway, the recipe:

Chewy Chocolate Fudge


Ingredients:
1 cup cocoa
1/2 cup sugar
1 300ml can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup butter
3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla  - I also added mint extract


Combine the cocoa, sugar, condensed milk and butter in a pot.  Bring to a boil, stirring frequently or constantly.  Boil for ten minutes while continuing to stir.

Remove from heat, stir in nuts and vanilla.  Pour into foil-lined pan.  Cool, then cut.

1 comment:

  1. It's addictive stuff; I think I could eat the whole panful myself.

    ~Bobbiann

    ReplyDelete